Become a Licensed Center/Home

Become a Licensed Center/Home2019-03-17T02:52:23-07:00

To start accepting referrals, you need to first become a licensed center/home.

Follow the Steps Below: 

  1. Sign up for an orientation meeting by calling Community Care Licensing at (805) 562-0400. A flyer with the schedule and information will be sent to you to pre-register for the Licensing Orientation. At the orientation, you will receive information on the licensing process, CDR services, application instructions, and tips on how to prepare your home.
  2. Obtain a TB Test from the local health department or a copy of a TB test that has been done within the last year.
    (for each person over the age of 18 living or working in home)
  3. Provide proof of your current immunization against Influenza, Pertussis, and Measles. (Or proof of qualification for an exemption). This also applies to assistants and volunteers.
  4. Register for 16 hours of Health & Safety Training, classes are held at locations throughout the county and
    A. 8 hour CPR & First Aid class
    B. 8 hour Preventative Health class
  5. Take the Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect training for Mandated Reporters, effective January 1, 2018. This is available free online at: 
  6. Send your licensing application (application contains 7 forms) along with your licensing orientation certificate, TB test clearances, check, and proof that you have taken or are enrolled in Health and Safety Training to:
    Department of Social Services Community Care Licensing Division:
    6500 Hollister Avenue, Suite 200, Goleta, CA 9311
  7. You will receive a fingerprinting packet from licensing about 2 weeks after submitting your licensing application. Each adult in your home will need to be fingerprinted.
  8. Once your fingerprints have cleared, DSS Community Care Licensing will contact you to schedule a Home Health and Safety Inspection.

For more information and assistance in becoming licensed call CDR Resource & Referral Line at (805) 485-7878 Ext. 1512.