Dear Child Care Provider,
From July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021 or until the funding runs out, the State of California will continue to make Health & Safety scholarship funding available for up to $150.00. Each child care provider will be reimbursed for the cost of the training less $5.00. (Examples: $100.00 for cost of training – $5.00 = $95.00 reimbursement or $45.00 cost of renewal – $5.00 = $40.00 reimbursement). The Health & Safety scholarship funding is to be used for:
- CPR/First Aid training from July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021.
- Preventative Health Practices Training from July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021.
The Health and Safety training funds are being used to provide scholarships to assist licensed center-based staff, licensed family child care providers, license-exempt child care providers and in-home providers in completing prescribed training on preventative health practices per AB243.
- At least one director or teacher at each child care center and each licensee of a family day care home shall have 16 hours of training on preventive health practices. This grant will reimburse a family child care licensee and three adult assistants (small FCC) or 5 adult assistants (large FCC) per funding year (July 2020-June 2021). This grant will also reimburse 10 individual staff members of a child care center per funding year.
- The training includes pediatric CPR, pediatric first aid; recognition, management, and prevention of infectious diseases, including immunizations, and prevention of childhood injuries. The training may also include sanitary food handling, child nutrition, emergency preparedness and evacuation, caring for children with special needs, and identification and reporting of signs and symptoms of child abuse.
- The Pediatric CPR and Pediatric First Aid must be taken from an EMSA approved training institution or EMSA exempt (i.e. American Red Cross or American Heart Association) training entity in Ventura County.
- Individuals can apply for reimbursement one time during the funding cycle.
If you have taken an EMSA approved Preventative Health Practices training course or have renewed your CPR/First Aid training from July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021 and are a licensed family child care provider, an individual child care center staff member or a licensed-exempt child care provider, you are eligible to apply for the scholarship grant. Please complete the Health and Safety Grant Application form on the reverse side, attach required documents and mail to CDR.
The funding is available on a first come, first serve basis. Classes must be completed, and application submitted by June 01, 2021.
If you have any questions, please call Danielle Bates at (805) 485-7878, extension 567.